2015 SUPERFUND TAX RETURN CHECKLIST
Every year we find that when clients forward their information to our office to prepare their financial statements and income tax returns, they fall short in providing all the necessary information required. We end up in a series of "to-ing and fro-ing" with the client to gather missing information, all of which adds to the costs.
To keep your accounting costs to a minimum we have detailed below important documents and information that should be provided to GDF Partners in order for us to complete your work.
Documents such as:
- Original Bank Statements and Accounts, Term Deposits, Cash Management, Pass Books etc including Bank Deposit Books and Cheque Books.
- Dividend statements received during the year. Statements of dividend reinvestments should also be included.
- Statements of returns of capital.
- Original contract notes for listed or unlisted shares or units in unit trusts purchased or sold during the year.
- Any statements that detail the numbers of shares or units held by you at year end.
- Trust Distribution Annual Tax Statements, Trust Fund Balance at year end and Quarterly Distribution Statements.
- Details of any lump payments made to members.
- Supporting documentation of any benefits paid out to members during the financial year (ETP).
- Non concessional contributions
- Pensions paid
- Expenses paid (invoices)
- Details of specific insurance cover showing the fund as the owner of the policy
- Current valuation required
- A copy of the Payment Summary Statement or Individual Payment Summaries of Pensions Paid for the financial year.
- Copies of quarterly (4) Business Activity Statements reconciled to the GST accounts if applicable.
- Confirmation of employer and member contributions for the financial year.
- Rollover statements paid into the fund during the year.
- Original current Valuation of Assets
- Land + Buildings - Agents/Rate Notices/Trustees Valuation
- Other Assets - Insurance Certificates/Valuations
- Details about employer contributions paid to other Super funds on a member's behalf for the whole year.
- Details of term insurance expenses paid during the year for any members.
- Details of any capital asset additions or disposals, contracts for property purchases.
- Minutes documenting any change in Members/Trustees, current Investment Strategy and Decisions.
- · If GDF Partners does not prepare the individual tax return for a member of the fund please supply their Taxable Income, any Reportable Fringe Benefit, LSL/Annual Leave amounts from a bona fide redundancy, early retirement or invalidity.
Disclaimer: The contents of this publication
are general in nature and we accept no responsibility for
persons acting on information contained herein without first